Legal Services



Mar is an Abogada (Spanish solicitor) and undertakes all aspects of Legal work including:

Property Transactions
We can advise on and execute all aspects of Property Law including Sale & Purchase Contracts, Title Deeds (Escrituras), Property & Land Registration and all associated Taxes both before and after purchase.

Powers of Attorney
This enables your solicitor (or appointed Attorney) to act on your behalf in your absence.   The most common type being to handle all aspects of purchasing your new property including organising Bank Accounts, raising Mortgages and signing all paperwork necessary to complete the transaction.  This eliminates the need to keep returning to Spain simply to sign documents or attend the Notary's office for Completion.  You can just leave it all to the Solicitor and move into your new house once everything is completed.

Spanish Wills
It is essential you have a Spanish Will in addition to your UK one.  If the unfortunate situation should arise you can rest assured that your dependants will have no problem sorting out your estate as without a Spanish Will there might be a conflict between Spanish inheritance law and your UK will and may take time at Probate to sort it out.  One important point to remember is if you create a new UK will after your Spanish will it must make reference to the Spanish will otherwise it will override it.

Fiscal Representation
When you buy a property in Spain you will need to be registered with the Spanish tax authorities and you are allocated an NIE number (Foreigner's tax number).  Your solicitor can assist you in obtaining this or you can apply in person  - either in Spain or the UK.  Your solicitor can then act as your Fiscal Representative in Spain.  This means they can complete your annual tax returns and advise on all tax matters.

Mortgage, Investment & Insurance Advice
Should you need a mortgage this can be arranged at the best rates for you.  All types of Insurance such as Home, Life, Medical and Vehicle can also be organised together with advice on Investments to get the best from your savings.

Residencias & Work Permits
If you intend living permanently in Spain (or for more than 3 consecutive months) you should register as a Spanish resident.  Once you spend a total of 6 months or more in Spain in any year then you will also have to register as a resident for tax purposes.  As a Resident you have access to the local national health service and more beneficial tax rates on your property.  If you intend working in Spain - either Employed or Self-employed then you will also need a Work Permit.  Your Solicitor will assist you to obtain these.

Vehicle Importation and Registration
If you are bringing your own vehicle over to Spain permanently then there are certain procedures to be followed for it to be registered with the Spanish authorities.  Once again your solicitor can help with this.

Company Formation
If you are intending setting up in business in Spain then we can help to set up the legal aspects and register the company for you.




Want the Best Exchange Rate?


Current Interbank Rate

£1 = 1.1533€

our recommended currency service
Save money when buying your new home in Spain
(or in fact any major purchase in a foreign currency)

Click on Moneycorp logo for more information or to open a trading facility online

Featured Properties


Newsletter Signup

If you would like to receive our property updates by email please click below to access our Sign-up form.

Newsletter Information

My Portfolio

Property Search


Latest News


Call Us Today

+34 950 13 44 34 +34 950 13 44 34

+34 950 13 44 34 +34 642 07 18 24


Local Weather



Today Max: °C

Today Min: °C


Wind: km/h

Sunrise: 12:00am

Sunset: 12:00am

Max: °C
Min: °C
Wind: km/h
Humidity: %
Max: °C
Min: °C
Wind: km/h
Humidity: %
Max: °C
Min: °C
Wind: km/h
Humidity: %
The weather is provided by Weather Underground and last updated yesterday at 1:00am